Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Book of Eli Trailer W/Denzel Washington



Below is a excerpt of a interview w/ the Directors of the movie The Hughes Brothers Click HERE for the full interview

Complex: Whenever people talk about the Hughes Brothers, they bring up how Tupac allegedly jumped you for firing him from Menace. How do you feel being a part of his legend?

Allen: I’m fine with it. The perception that Tupac and us had beef, that was six months maybe of a three-year relationship, most of which was spent being really good friends. It used to bother me more because the stories of the actual incident—

Albert: The way it was reported, it was like, just tell the truth, man. Just say what it was. It was a beatdown, it was a jumping, it was an ambush.

Complex: So what actually happened?

Allen: It was me and Tupac who got in a scrap. Tupac definitely wasn’t doing nothing to me. That absolutely did not happen. He’s not here to defend himself but all I can say is it was 15 dudes and it was me. Even if you take the hyperbole, I’ll make it nine dudes. [Laughs.]

Albert: Tupac hit him from behind. Allen turned around and threw him on top of the car, had such a good grip on him and everybody had to pull him off Tupac and Allen had his chain and it snapped off in Allen’s hand. Tupac was like, “Go get my chain!” and he let everybody else go at my brother. Allen got beat up by like 15 guys but he stayed on his feet. I was going up to the set, and by the time I turned around the whole group was coming after me. I got chased away by three cars full of guys.

No comments: