Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fat Joe & Big Pun in Miami (1998)

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm big "Big Pun" fan. I had to post this. Spotted @ Nahright



Heres what the person who shot the video said:
This show at The Temple nightclub was called “South Bronx Invades South Beach” created by DJ Khaled back in March 6, 1998. I was one of the promoters, that’s why how I manage to bring my video camera to the club at that time. On this night, the lineup featuring Big Pun, Fat Joe, Cuban Link, DJ Tony Touch & also DJ Craze (the only solo DJ in history to claim the World DMC Champion trophy 3 times consecutively.) In this clip, Fat Joe performs some classic joints like “Flow Joe”, “I Shot Ya” and my favorite “Twins Deep Cover” with Big Pun. This was before Pun’s 1st album and you can hear the crowd go crazy when he comes out.

- T.C. Islam (Afrika Bambaataa’s son) was the host & The Universal Zulu Nation were the security for the show. You will see them rocking orange shirts.
- Before DJ Khaled dropped “We The Best,” this was the first & only time I had seen Khaled doing turntables tricks in front of a crowd. Maybe it was because DJ Craze was there.. not sure.
- Tony Touch had long hair.
- DJ Khaled was on a pirate station at that time before joining 99 Jamz. The station was called Mixx 96 FM.
- Big Pun took breaks throughout the show by sitting down off-stage between songs.

No comments: