Saturday, May 15, 2010

Queen Latifah Throwback Videos

So that last post inspired this one. I remember hearing Queen Latifah when I was a young kid and didn't know what she was speaking about and didn't care whether she was a female or not. I liked her music. Point blank. I've always been a fan, whether its her music or her movies. But nothing takes me back like some of these videos below. This post is dedicated to, legendary Jersey native, Queen Latifah. Oh and if you didn't know her new movie "Just Wright" is in theaters now.

This track right here pretty much set up me being a fan of the Queen.

Before Drake, Queen L was singing her own hooks and killing the verses.

Queen Latifah - Ladies First feat. Monie Love

Well,well,well its the LA the TI the FAH

Brandy - I Wanna Be Down (Remix) (feat. Mc Lyte, YoYo & Queen Latifah)

You already know what this is. Classic. Queen Latifah-Jersey
Don't let no 1 get close to you/except the chosen few/Stick with the 1's that meant the most 2 you/when you were broke & blue/Thats how fam do/Thats how you stay true around these snakes that freakin smile when they hate you

And finally, this scene from the legendary movie "Juice" is 1 of the few things that inspired me to become a part of HipHop.

No comments: